Caroline Kerswell Conservative activist

Caroline Kerswell Conservative activist

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Crime on the Rise in Mile End East


It seems the Council have not listened to the questions on crime and things keep getting worse!

As a cyclist that cycles down the tow path on a daily basis I am shocked and appalled that these frequent canal side attacks keep happening and what shocks me more is that the Council have not done more to ensure innocent peoples safety.

I raised the issue of the dangers in the area in the Council meeting on the 9 December last year. However all I got in return were condescending remarks (attached document). Councillor Abdal Ulalh told me I had recently moved into a safe area!!!! I am sad to say he was wrong, first on the point that I had recently moved and second on the point that the area is safe.

More money needs to be used to target crime and perhaps open the Bow road police stations round the clock so the police have the resources to show a stronger presence and combat crimes before they happen. Can we not made Mile End a police action zone. I want local people to feel safe and we need to work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment